Table of Contents
1. How to Place a Return Step-by-Step Instructions
2. Returns Definitions
3. Customer FAQs
How to Process a Return
Processing returns for yourself and your customers is fast and easy in your Ambassador Lounge! Orders can either be processed as a Return or a Replacement. Find more details on Replacements here. Additionally, if you need further clarification on what qualifies as a Replacement, please see the the Return Definitions above.
If your order qualifies as a return, please follow the instructions below on how to process a return:
1. Log into your Ambassador Lounge and then go to the “Orders & Shop” tab on the menu bar and select “View Orders and Returns” from the drop down menu.
2. Now you are on your Order History page, which includes all of your personal orders and your customer and Hostess orders as well either in Placed Orders or Saved Orders.
3. Select the order for which you would like to process a return. You can easily use the search toolbar to search by name, email, order #, or product. Once you have found and selected the order, let’s start processing the return!
4. On the far right side, click “Start Return” to begin the return process for your order!
5. Select the item that you or your customer would like to return by clicking the box on the far left of the item or items that you want to return. Once the boxes are clicked, they will turn blue and have a check mark in them.
6. Once this is selected, a pop up window will come up; this is where you would select the “Main Reason” and “Detailed Reason” for the return.
7. Once you have selected these, Select a “Resolution”and click Next to move to the next step!
8. You will be taken to your review refund details window; you have the option to choose store credit or refund to a credit card.
9. Once your refund type is selected and all of the other information is correct, select “Submit” in the lower right hand corner.
10. Here is the refund details page and this is where you can access your return shipping label that you will need to print in order to mail the items back. Congrats, you are all done!
**Note that when processing a return for you or your customer, both will be notified via email that the return process has been started and they will have access to the return shipping label to send their items back to our distribution center. Credit cards will be refunded, Store Credit will be loaded to the customer’s account if they are requesting a return for Store Credit & Product Credit will be loaded to the Ambassador’s account (for Ambassador returns if you used Product Credit towards your purchase) when the items are received at the distribution center.
When processing your return, please choose the reason detail as accurately as possible. Use the definitions below to make the process easier.
|Return||Process of returning an item and receiving a refund in the form of original currency paid for the item or store credit|
|Replacement||Process of replacing an item for the exact same item due to product quality issues or a shipping and delivery issue|
|Store Credits are a way you can refund yourself and or your customers and keep money with Stella & Dot. Store credit can be applied similarly to cash across all product categories and can be applied to cover tax and shipping. When you refund to store credit, PCV is kept from your sale; however PCV is not issued when store credit is later redeemed.
Refunds for Store Credit are also awarded US $5.95 | CA $7.95 Store Credit for standard shipping.
|Credit card refunds are issued upon request within 30 days of the original shipped date. Refunds to credit cards do not cover tax and shipping, only the cost of the item(s) purchased.
Please note that credit card refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of item and can take up to 30 days or one billing cycle to show up on original credit card.
Resolution Available: Refund
|Primary Reason||Reason Detail||Definition/Examples|
|Item not as pictured||Item does not appear as pictured on website or in Look Book|
|Item not as described||Item is not as described on website or in Look Book|
|Unhappy with color||Unhappy with the actual color of the item|
|Unhappy with design||Unhappy with the actual design of the item|
|Unhappy with size (too big/small)||Item is bigger or smaller than described|
|Order Fulfillment||Item arrived too late||Item did not arrive within promised shipping time|
Resolution Available: Refund/Replacement
|Primary Reason||Reason Detail||Definition/Examples|
|Broken/damaged chain||Item chain has broken or was delivered broken/damaged|
|broken/damaged clasp, closure or zipper||Issue with clasp, closure or zipper on any item – primarily issue is damaged or broken|
|broken/damaged earring post||Item was delivered with or after use has a defect in earring post|
|Color fading/bleeding||Item was delivered with or experienced loss of color or color bleeding after use|
|Missing/damaged stone or beads||Item is missing or has damaged beads/stones|
|Poorly strung (too loose/tight)||Item is poorly assembled and/or string is too tight/loose|
|Tarnished or discolored metal||Metal has tarnished or changed color when delivered or after use|
|Torn, creased, stained material||Material arrived torn or damaged|
|Fabric flaw (hole/torn)||Item was delivered with unintentional holes or tears|
|Open/broken seams/stitching||Item was delivered with incorrect stitching resulting in open or broken seams|
|Stained/soiled||Item was delivered with stains on the fabric|
|Material shade/color variance within product||Item that arrived has noticeably different colors than item on website or in Look Book|
|Item arrived damaged||Item arrived damaged or not to standard of quality|
|Item missing from order||Item did not arrive in package|
|Received wrong size/color|
|Received wrong item||Order is incorrect; received wrong item vs. what was ordered|
|Received wrong order||Order is incorrect; received wrong order vs. what was ordered|
|Engraving Error||Engraving on item is incorrect|
|Partially received||Incomplete order is delivered|
|Order not received|
|Lost in transit||Order is not delivered due to being|
|RTS (return to sender)||Order is not delivered due to|
|Undeliverable as addressed||Order is not delivered due to a partial or nonexistent shipping address|
|Arrived after expiration||Order is delivered past it’s expiration date|
Table of Contents
- What is the Customer Return Policy?
- What is the Ambassador Return Policy?
- What is the Delight Guarantee?
- Does the Delight Guarantee apply to Ambassadors?
- How do I process a return?
- Where can I locate a return shipping label?
- When will I receive my refund?
- How do I package my return?
- I have multiple returns from multiple orders – what do I do?
- What do I do if I don’t have the original packaging?
- How should I go about returning a bag? They will not fit in my mailbox!
- How do I return a Host Reward item?
- What do I do if I want to return a sample after the 90-day return window is over?
- Can I return something purchased with a gift card?
- What are some examples of a manufacturer’s defect?
- Is there a natural stone return policy?
- Is there anything I cannot return?
- Can I return, exchange, or replace my engravables?
What is the Customer Return Policy?
You can easily process returns within your Ambassador Lounge. We are happy to provide your customer with a refund in the original form of payment within 30 days, and Store Credit refund within 90 days. Customers who choose the Store Credit option will also be awarded with $6.95 US/$10.95 CA Store Credit for standard shipping label fees. EVER product may be returned for a full refund within 45 days of purchase per the 45-day Money Back Guarantee. A customer can return their product online for the first 30 days, but due to system limitations, she must call the Delight Center to make her return after 30 days.
Returns are accepted on unworn items in resalable condition (excludes sale items, Display Items, Personalized Engravables, and Business Supplies, which are Final Sale). Items must be returned in the original packaging and accompanied with original proof of purchase.
Items should be returned in their original packaging and the return shipping label must be attached on the outside of the packaging.
Is your customer’s order missing an item or did their order contain the wrong item? If so, we ask that you or your customer notify us within 14 days from their order date. Items that break prior to wear or have any product defects must be reported within 14 days of receipt to be eligible for a refund, exchange or replacement.
Timing of Refunds: Your customer’s refund will be processed upon receipt of their returned item at our Distribution Center. Please send returns back in a timely fashion and within 30 days. Once we process their return, their refund will be available up to 30 business days later depending on their issuing bank and/or billing cycle. If your customer paid you with cash or check, your customer is to follow up with you directly, as you are responsible to refund the customer.
For more FAQs on Customer Returns, please see here.
What is the Ambassador Return Policy?
Ambassador Personal Orders (purchased at 25% off):
- You can easily process returns within your Ambassador Lounge. We are happy to provide you with a refund in the original form of payment, within 30 days and Store Credit refund within 90 days. If you choose the Store Credit option, you will also be awarded with $6.95 US/$10.95 CA Store Credit for standard shipping label fees. Within 120 days, as an Ambassador you are able to issue a replacement. Beyond 120 days, please contact the Delight Center for assistance and provide your original proof of purchase. Lost items or items damaged due to normal wear and tear are not covered under our replacement policies.
- Items should be returned in their original packaging and the return shipping label must be attached on the outside of the packaging.
- Is your order missing an item or did your order contain the wrong item? If so, we ask that you notify us within 14 days from the order date. Items that break prior to wear or have any product defects must be reported within 14 days of receipt to be eligible for a refund, exchange or replacement.
- Timing of Refunds: Your refund will be processed upon receipt of your returned item at our Distribution Center. Please send returns back in a timely fashion and within 30 days. Once we process your return, your refund will be available up to 30 business days later depending on their issuing bank and/or billing cycle.
- Once we process your return, your refund will be available up to 30 business days later depending on their issuing bank and/or billing cycle.
Ambassador Tops Orders
Ambassador Tops Orders are eligible for a return within 14 days of the order date & for store credit only.
Ambassador Sample Orders (purchased at 50% off):
- Ambassador Sample Orders are eligible for a refund, within 14 days of the order date on the original order; and eligible for a replacement for 120 day from the original ship date, due to manufactures defects. All refunds will be processed upon receipt of returned product to our Distribution Center. You will be refunded back in the original form of payment. In the case product credits were used to purchase samples, Product Credits will be refunded first. Original shipping fees will not be refunded. We stand behind the quality of our products. If item is defective or breaks with minimal wear, replacements will be made within 120 days of the ship date on the original order.
- Sale styles, Business Supplies, Personalized Engravables, Display items and Final Sale items: These items are final sale and cannot be returned, exchanged or replaced.
Ambassador Sample Orders purchased with the Seasonal Jewelry Discount and Monthly Perks Discount:
You may return items purchased with your discount, but we do not recommend it. You may process returns, per our Sample Return Policy. However, we do not recommend returning items from the order in which the discount is applied because the discount is applied proportionately across all eligible items in an order. If you return an item that was purchased with your discount, you will only be refunded for the out of pocket cost, not the full retail value of each item (just like sale merchandise at a store). Our Delight Center will not make any exceptions to this rule.
What is the Delight Guarantee?
At Stella & Dot, absolute delight is our No. 1 priority. We take pride in the quality of our products and want you to fall in love and stay in love with them. Our customer-friendly return policy – offering returns for 90 days – ensures our customers are always delighted with their purchases.
Beyond 90 days, if you are not pleased with the quality of an item, we’ll make it right! We are happy to replace any item with product quality concerns due to a manufacturer’s defect. Within 120 days, you as the Ambassador are able to issue a replacement. Beyond 120 days, please contact the Delight Center for assistance and provide your original proof of purchase. Lost items or items damaged due to normal wear and tear are not covered under our replacement policies.
Note: sale styles, Business Supplies, Personalized Engravables, Display items and Final Sale and cannot be returned.
Does the Delight Guarantee apply to Ambassadors?
Yes! The Delight Guarantee applies to Ambassador Personal Orders (excluding tops orders). Please note that it does not apply to Business Supplies, Personalized Engravables, Display or Final Sale items. That said, at Stella & Dot, we stand behind the quality of our products and in the case, we encounter a product that does not meet our high quality standards, we will do what’s best for our Ambassadors, and make it right.
How do I process a return?
All returns and replacements can easily be processed in your Ambassador Lounge. To get started, navigate to the Orders and Shopping tab and select view orders/start return. Locate the order number, look for green arrow to the right and select “start a return” under the action column. The system will prompt you along to complete your return and you will receive an email confirmation.
Please ensure your return is mailed back within 30 days of initiating your return. Please note, RMAs returned without the Return Shipping Label will not be processed.
Where can I locate a return shipping label?
You can find your return shipping label as it is attached onto the email confirmation you have received after your return has been processed in your Ambassador Lounge. You can also find your return shipping label by logging into your Stella & Dot account and visiting Order History – Returns. You will see your printable pre-paid return shipping label under the associated return order number.
When will I receive my refund?
Your refund will be processed upon receipt of your returned item at our Distribution Center. Once we process your return, your refund will be available 8-10 business days later depending on your issuing bank and/or billing cycle.
How do I package my return?
Simply apply the return shipping label emailed to you to the outside of your box. Items must be returned in the original packaging and accompanied with the original proof of purchase. The box in which the items were originally shipped can be reused if the size is still appropriate.
I have multiple returns from multiple orders – what do I do?
If you processed multiple items under one return RMA, please be sure all items are included. The Return Shipping Label can be found in the email confirmation after the return is processed, and also in the Ambassador Lounge under your Orders & Shopping tab.
If you want to send back items belonging to multiple return RMAs in one box, please be sure to include those separate Return
Shipping Labels inside the box. Those can be easily found in your Ambassador Lounge, in the Returns History.
If you are returning items from multiple orders, you can place all items in one box along with the return shipping label on the outside of the box.
What do I do if I don’t have the original packaging?
If you are looking to return an item within the 90 day return window, but do not have the original packaging or packing slip, please place your item in any sealable packaging and place it in your mailbox to ship back to our Distribution Center. Remember to attach the return shipping label on the outside of your package.
How should I go about returning a bag? They will not fit in my mailbox!
You can send your bag back to our warehouse the exact same way you normally send back jewelry. The return process is the same! Simply attach the prepaid return shipping label to your box and place it in your mailbox or take it to your local post office. If your bag does not fit in your mailbox – not to worry! You can place it on your doorstep and schedule a time for USPS to come pick it up! Simply click here to schedule your pick-up time around your busy schedule. It’s that easy!
Any unworn items purchased with Host Rewards can be refunded for Store Credit within 90 days. Any unworn items purchased with the 50% off credit can be refund to your original form of payment for 30 days or to Store Credit for 90 days. Original shipping fees will not be refunded. You are welcome to use your 50% off Credit on a future order; however you will need to contact the Delight Center for assistance with this.
What do I do if I want to return a sample after the 90-day return window is over?
Any sample return outside of 90 days of the original shipped date, the Delight Guarantee does not apply and you are not eligible for a refund. Our quarterly sample periods are a great time to invest in your samples at a deep discount that only Ambassadors enjoy. Free Product Credits help you refresh and reinvest in any samples that aren’t meeting your expectations.
Can I return something purchased with a gift card?
Yes. We’ll provide your refund in the form of Store Credit. Please note, gift cards purchased as Business Supplies cannot be returned.
What are some examples of a manufacturer’s defect?
Manufacturer’s defects include: A non-functional clasp, abnormal discolorations (beyond normal variations in natural stone), and abnormal discolorations with our leather products (peeling or fading outside of the norm), a jump ring or chain link that is not closed properly or an item that is different from its described lengths.
Is there a natural stone return policy?
Jewelry containing natural stone is subject to variations including, but not limited to, color, shade, particle structure, etc. Variation should be expected and is not considered a defect of the product. Like all samples, natural stone products must be returned or exchanged within 14 days of the original ship date.
Is there anything I cannot return?
- Sale Items, Business Supplies, Display items, Gift Cards that are purchased as Business Supplies, Personalized Engravables, and final sale items cannot be returned.
- At this time we do not offer price adjustments. Sale prices will be as marked and no price adjustments will be made on previous purchases. All sale items are final sale.
Can I return, exchange, or replace my engravables?
No. Due to the custom personalization of each piece, we will not accept returns or exchanges on any items that have been personalized/engraved. If you’ve purchased an Engravable piece, but did not actually personalize the item (it was purchased blank/unengraved), then the standard return policy will apply.
The only exceptions to the no-returns policy are in the following circumstances:
- If the image on the Personalization Worksheet or item image in the Lounge is different from what you received
- If the font and/or letter selected during personalization are different from what you received. Please note, the Delight
Team will validate upon your replacement request
- If there are quality issues (i.e. a manufacturer’s defect)
If you need to replace your Personalized/Engraved Products, please contact the Delight Center within 30 days of purchase and they will assist you with your replacement. Please note, you will not be able to process returns/exchanges/replacements on engravable items through your Lounge.