US to Canada, Canada to US, no problem! Book, sell and sponsor across the border – and earn in your own currency. Here’s what you need to know about growing your business in both countries.
- Sponsor directly from your PWS in US and CA
- Sell to customers online in US and CA
- Book and hold online-only Events in both the US and CA (Due to regulatory restrictions, you may only book in-person Events and sell in-person to customers in your primary country and Events may only have customers from the same country as the Host, meaning you cannot hold a Event, in-person or online, that has both American and Canadian customers).
Cross-Border Selling and your PWS
You’ll have 2 different URLs (one to use for US Events and sales and one for CA Events and sales). You will switch between your two PWS depending on where your Event is being held.
- www.stelladot.com/yourPWSname will default to the US site and customers will have to change the flag if she wants to shop in CA-English or CA-French but you will remain her preferred Ambassador
- ca.stelladot.com/yourPWSname will take her directly to your CA-Eng website. NOTE FOR CANADIAN Ambassadors: Use ca.stelladot.com/yourPWSname to default to CA currency.
- add “?l=fr” to any URL to easily share a French language link (for example, www.stelladot.com/shop/jewelry/shop-all/simple-knot-cuff-silver?l=fr)
How will selling in-person vs. online work?
Ambassadors will be able to sell to customers in both the US and CA online, but only to customers in your primary country in-person due to regulatory restrictions.
Can I sell to customers in any other countries?
At this time US and Canadian Ambassadors are only permitted to sell to US and Canadian customers.
How does this work with Events?
US Ambassadors can book shows in Canada and Canadian Ambassadors can book shows in US. For legal reasons, cross border sales are limited to online Events only; Ambassadors can only host online Events in their non-native countries. Similar to the sales policy, Ambassadors may book and hold online Events in both the US and CA and in-person Events only within their own home countries. Each Event may only have customers from the same country as the Host, meaning you cannot hold a multi-country Event, in-person or online, that has both American and Canadian customers.
How does cross-border sponsoring work?
It’s simple – your prospective US or CA Ambassadors can now easily sign up on your personal website regardless of their home country.
How does shipping differ from US vs. Canada?
Due to the cost of shipping to Canada and the currency exchange, shipping is a bit more expensive than in the US, though our shipping fees to Canada are very competitive with other US based companies. We offer flat-rate shipping US: $6.95 | CA: $10.95
We use a variety of carriers in both countries but ALL are easily trackable from your lounge.
How will I get paid for orders in my non-native country?
Cross-border currency conversion makes being paid easy! This means that regardless of the currency being used by your customers to pay for their orders, you will be paid in your home currency. For example, if you are an American Ambassador hosting an online Event in Canada, your Canadian customers will be paying for their orders in Canadian dollars, but you will be receiving a US dollar commission.
How does PQV differ in US and Canada?
For the most part, PQV is the same on products for both US and Canada as it is based on the US retail price and on the profit margin of the product sold. However, for discounted items, such as regimens or markdowns, PQV earned is based on the amount the customer pays. Since US and Canada have a slightly different discount percentage by item, you may notice a slight variance in PQV on the same bundle in US versus Canada.
How will my cross-border customers make returns?
No matter what country, returns are processed exactly the same way. The local postal service is used for returns, depending on the locale of the customer she will receive the appropriate return label. [/vc_column]